07 August 2014

Fat Freeze Slimming at Expressions, Orchard Regency House

Nowadays, women visit slimming centers, do dieting (control food, eat lesser) or taking pills.
Slimming centers - there are so many in Singapore.  Seems like the latest technology is Fat Freeze (Cryolipolysis).

Many years ago, I have tried machine slimming at Cenosis.  The result:  zero.  Why?  I paid $35 per session, about 20 mins per visit but there's no result because I didn't top up.  The slimming consultant claimed I must purchase ampule at $35 per tiny bottle, per session in order to work hand in hand with the machine. I dragged my feet to Cenosis because it was an ordeal, I get blasted (hard sell) every time, it wasn't an enjoyment nor a result-oriented 10 sessions, not even an inch lesser.  The most ridiculous part is they used a tape to measure my abdomen, tummy and then waist/hip.  They combined the TOTAL cm, minus my previous and claimed they have achieved something.  In actual, I was still wearing the same size skirt.  How can it be considered a weight loss when my skirt didn't feel really loosen?  We buy our pants or skirt with XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL.  Who would buy a skirt by measuring the overall?  A successful weight lost means one size down.  By maintaining the same size or not making me feel the dollars spent were worthwhile, it means deceiving a customer - bad experience!

My ugly and protruding tummy got more and more obvious - fats were deposited and refused to go away!  I decided to buy Deal.com.sg e-coupon.  It stated by using the coupon, I could save $1092.00.  I thought it would be an all-in slimming session, no pain, no add-on since the actual cost is more than S$1000.  Technically, spending $1000 for a 10 mins slimming should be all-in, including machine, consultation, gel/cream ... whatever available to warrant a normal service fee of $1120.

On 6 Aug 2014, I visited Expressions located at Orchard Regency House.  My appointment was 6.30 pm.  The consultant briefed me about Fat Freeze.  Then came the add-on fees.  Apparently, the so-call savings of $1092 doesn't cover a lot of 'gears/accessory' that would allow me to see desirable result. To see result, I need to pay $350 per session together with that advertised Fat Freeze machine.  I was mentally not expecting a reduction of 3 to 6 cm waist/tummy trimming because I know beauty and slimming centers tend to exaggerate .... lying without feeling they are ethically in the wrong and finding ways to suck my money is a no-no.  To pay so much more was something crazy.  Who would believe a Fat Freeze with normal price S$1120 has so many add-ons?  Would you walk-in and pay $1120+350+ whatsoever the slimming consultant advised?

The consultant said my tummy is divided as area 1 and 2 so that means there are 2 areas to be targeted.   She said each area, the machine will do a suction of 5 mins - maximum!

Then I showed her what was published online, stated each area is about 10 mins.  She said that is not true.  The machine is too strong for any customer to be 'sucked' for more than 5 mins.  Some customers ended up with blue-black (bruises).  She walked out with my printout to check with her colleague and came back to say if I want to have 10 mins suction, she recommended that I buy the Fat Freeze mask at $10 per piece, for each area.  I was told no gel or cream will be used as lubricant because the big molecules will spoil their machine. Consultant told me to pay for the mask before slimming session could start so I had to pay by credit card with 7% GST.

The slimming attendant pushed in a machine and opened a packet of mask.  Then she pulled out a mask and torn into 2 pieces (smaller than A4 size), told me that was the 2-piece masks that I paid for.  Shocked!  Thought should come in 2 individually wrapped packets....  how can Expressions charge me a 2-pc mask that is torn?  What happen to the other portion if I only want "1 piece"?  In my mind, I know I have be conned.  Okay, since that was my first time trying Fat Freeze, I watched for more tricks on their sleeves.  If I have taken my bag into the room, I would be able to use my phone to take pictures of the machine and the mask as proof.  Regret!  Past experience at Cenosis didn't teach me to be cleverer.

The slimming attendant placed half a piece of the slimming mask (looks more like a wet thick piece of floor wipe) on area 1 of my tummy.  I couldn't feel much suction, I didn't feel my tummy flesh being pulled or sucked in by any strong force.  The young slimming attendant didn't smile or do much eye contact from the time she attended to me.  Then it was area 2 (the other side of my tummy), I could feel a bit of tummy flesh being sucked in.  Suddenly the gripe was loosen.  I feedback to slimming attendant but she said impossible.  After the treatment (after I was back with that Consultant), I realised the reason why I couldn't feel the suction was the machine wasn't in full force, more like for the benefit of getting rid of me and showing me how the machine looks like, thus, the suction was extremely mild.  If it was strong, the gripe won't be loosen, should feel tight... I believe.



Take note, the slimming attendant said area 1 and 2 doesn't include centre area of my tummy.  Can you imagine my anger yet I have to stay calm, undisturbed and changed back to my clothes?

After the session, my tummy was just slight pinkish. Felt cold (area 2) but my tummy didn't feel anything special.  The consultant mentioned, to see a bit of effect, I have to wait 2 to 3 days.  In my heart, I know it it impossible because not much suction was felt ... seems like it was just a for-show day ... demo.  The effect is not great if I don't continue with another 5 to 7 sessions.  If I see oil in my faeces, means definitely it is working, fat is discharging.  The broken fat could be discharged either in the form of sweat or faeces.

When the consultant asked me how I felt, I said not much feeling, the machine wasn't strong.  She said she told the slimming attendant to reduce the force... another shock.  In my heart, if the force can be reduced, why made me paid extra for the masks and frightened me by stressing I would end up with blue-black 黑青.  She asked me to show her my tummy and she agreed the pinky wasn't that obvious 很淡.  I know I have been cheated and if I raised my queries, Expressions will surely have their reasons and it would mean I have to spend more time with them.  I waved good bye and stepped out feeling very annoyed.  Felt like reasoning with them on the spot, felt like calling them once I'm out of the slimming center to vent my anger ... decided, I'll do a more lady-like way rather than appear bitchy 泼妇骂街 ... post as a blog.  Let more people understand what underhand method slimming center could be using.  Beware and learn from my mistake.  

To pay $50 for something with no result may be no big deal to some people.  But if 20 customers are paying this amount for a demo (no result, just for show and a chance for Expressions to hard sell/sweet talk), Expressions will surely earn a lot, especially if customer blur blur took up a few treatment sessions... just like what I faced at Cenosis.  Promising I'd see effect by taking a package but each time, I visited Cenosis, the consultant kept drilling and pestering me to top up and pay for this and that in order to see BETTER result.

To me, I felt cheated.  What Expressions published online, they could tell another story or short-change me.... did something that wasn't worth their normal price $1120.  A discount is given but if the actual treatment is heavily discounted and not worth $1120, why use such tactic?  Such gimmicks should not be allowed.  Might as well say, test and touch our Fat Freeze machine for $28.  Just like you are launching new food, you put some samples for free testing, except for Fat Freeze (or any slimming and facial), you need to pay $28 to feel the machine and let the seller showcase their products, at your costs.

I think nobody should have doubt that I have been cheated by Expressions!  See this, competitor is offering a trial at $68 for a 60 mins session, while I only had a miserable and unsatisfied 10 mins demo.  Remember above, I've indicated the 2 masks that I paid but was actually a piece torn into 2?


 



Does fat freezing yield results similar to liposuction? (copied from somewhere, not from Expressions)
You can freeze your fat cells safely
You can freeze your fat cells safely
The short answer is yes, but to get comparable results, it takes careful treatment planning, a skilled practitioner and multiple treatment cycles. Cryolipolysis (fat freezing), marketed as CoolSculpting, is a treatment that originated after researchers fully understood what happens when humans get frostbite: fat cells freeze before skin freezes. Cryolipolysis works like frostbite; it freezes fat, leaving the overlying skin intact. A section of your skin is inserted into a freezing device for about an hour, resulting in the disappearance of some fat cells.

The first cryolipolysis device was approved in 2010.
Recently, a group of Southern California plastic surgeons did a large study to evaluate treatment effectiveness and popularity. The results, published in the Aesthetic Surgery Journal, are titled "Broad Overview of a Clinical and Commercial Experience with CoolSculpting."

The study found:
•  Cryolipolysis is effective in reducing subcutaneous (just beneath the skin) fat volume.

•  There were few adverse events - three cases of mild or moderate pain/neuralgia were noted in the retrospective chart review, all of which rapidly resolved.

•  The popularity of the procedure grew dramatically over the two years studied, with 823 percent more treatment cycles delivered in 2012 than in 2010 and a growing demand for the procedure among men.

Five hundred and twenty eight patients were treated with CoolSculpting in the lower abdomen, upper abdomen, left or right flank, inner thigh, back and outer thigh. According to the leading study researcher, "With careful treatment planning, proper applicator placement, and multiple treatment cycles, cryolipolysis can produce results comparable to those of liposuction."
During a CoolSculpting session, a molded cup is placed over the stomach, love handles or other fleshy accessible area and heavy-duty suction pulls the fat bulge inside CoolSculpting paddles where it is chilled.

Some of the fat cells in the cooled area are destroyed and ultimately disposed of by the liver. As with the ultrasound devices, there is little risk of skin injury and no change in blood levels of fats. The number of treatments needed vary, according to the amount of excess fat and the skill of the practitioner.

The best patients for CoolSculpting have fat that can be pinched and drawn into the CoolSculpting paddles.  Once the fat is secured inside the CoolSculpting machine, it is cooled down to the point where it is broken down. A session takes less than an hour and no anesthesia is needed. Once an area has been treated the next area can be started.

Results take from two to four months to appear and some people experience redness, mild pain and bruising for a few days afterward. You can generally expect a 20 percent fat reduction but this may take a number of treatments.




This is the ad:
Fat Freeze Slimming Sessions


  • 2 Options Available:
    • 2 Sessions - Only $28 instead of $1120
    • 4 Sessions – Only $48 instead of $2240
  • Areas for treatment:
    • Upper Abdominal
    • Lower Abdominal
    • Love handle left
    • Love handle right
    • Arms
    • Upper Thighs
    • Lower Thighs
  • Includes FREE KILO KILLER
  • Please click HERE for website

CONDITIONS

Redemption period:
27 Apr 2014 to 27 Jul 2014

  • Limited to 1 voucher redemption per person
  • Optional Anti-Freeze Mask treatment is available at an additional $10 (payable directly to merchant)
  • Customers can use 1 session for one area and have the flexibility to come for separate visits; minimum 2 - 4 sessions can be done in one visit
  • All treatments must be completed within 6 weeks from the date of first treatment
  • Valid for customers aged 21 years and above only
  • Valid for first time customers or existing customers who have not visited for the past 6 months only
  • Valid for Singaporeans, Permanent Residents & All Pass holders only
  • All treatment results vary according to individual
  • Please click HERE for Universal Terms & Conditions



DETAILS OF THE DEAL

Why choose Expressions fat freeze slimming?

Fat freeze slimming uses a patented cold technology known as cryo-lipolysis.

The skin to be treated in section using Fat Freeze device, which freezes the skin -10 degree. it is manually done up to 12 mins for each area. This process selectively targets the fat cells, causing crystallization and breakdown. The fats released are naturally proceed by the body.


Freeze Your Fat Away!

Now it's easy and painless to get rid of the love handles, post-pregnancy bulge and stubborn fat areas. Fat Freeze Body Slim is the revolutionary non-invasive procedure that uses cold technology to remove stubborn fats. 


What are the benefits of Fat Freeze Body Slim? 

Effective and safe for removing stubborn fat areas.

Target specific areas of the body and remove excess fat.

Quick results: Fat freeze body slim results in an average of up to 12% fat reduction in just one session and up to 5cm loss on the same area in conjunction with DIY detox program.

Non-invasive, comfortable with minimal downtime



Quick FAQ

Is it safe? 

Yes 

Fat Freeze uses cold energy and not more than 10 minutes for each area. Customer should adhere to drinking 2 glasses of water before and after treatments 8 glasses to flush toxins.

How many treatments will I need?

Most customers will see significant results after 1 treatment, treatment can be done once a week at different areas.  Studies show an average of up 12% fat reduction after 1 treatment. Customer can see best results after more than 10 treatments.

Is it painful?

Most customers find it to be a very comfortable treatment under the care by our trained Body Aesthetician using anti-fat freeze mask.

Is there any downtime?

This is a completely non-invasive treatment. Unlike liposuction, there are no injections or cuts involved. You can expect to return to your usual activities immediately after treatment. There is usually no significant downtime, although sometimes mild redness may occur but resolves itself quickly.































































































































































After I've posted above, I surf the net during National Day holiday and found there are other fat freeze offer.  Below offer from Deal.com was advertised as $38 instead of $1500 and with a duration of 30 minutes.  OMG, I paid $28 + $21.70 for only 10 mins.  Expressions initially was only willing to switch on their machine for only 5 mins!!



It indicated KFDA-certified equipment, FDA-cleared cryoliposis and each treatment will eliminate approx 20% of fat cells.

The machine I tried is different from this (not so huge).  I used something similar to above.
IMG_3732

User commented "lump of fats was frozen for 40 minutes long. While waiting for her fat tissues to be destroyed, she took a short nap. Since it's a non-surgical procedure with no use of needles or knife, she was free to use her phone, iPad or laptop while waiting for the treatment to be done. During the treatment, some may experience  numbness once the temperature of the applicator starts to reach its freezing point. But overall, the treatment should be comfortable.

Immediately after the treatment, she noticed bruises formed at the areas where the fats were being sucked. The affected area was massaged to stimulate the normal blood flow back to the tissues. The minor bruises would disappear after a few days. For her, all the bruising was gone after a day or two."


As mentioned, I didn't get any bruises.  The area 1 was almost not visible when I lifted my blouse to show the consultant.  I definitely wasn't given any massage to stimulate.


Next time, before I try something new, better do homework and browse the net. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If anybody wants to share his/her experience, you may post as Comment or email me.